ICONIC NEW YORK: LEADING THE WAY IN CLEAN HEATING AND CLEAN COOLING
Ductless Heat Pump New York State – Ductless Contractor New York State
In the State of New York, everything seems move at an accelerated pace, including the move to eco-friendly technologies that help reduce carbon emissions. New York is leading the way toward using high efficiency home heating and cooling technologies, like the Ductless Heat Pump ((also known as a Ductless Mini Split) with their Clean Heat Program that offers Rebates and Incentives to home owners who choose a high efficiency heat pump.
In addition to the great savings, Ductless Systems are transforming the way people heat and cool their home, people who adopt ductless have the highest level of customer satisfaction of any product in the HVAC industry. Increased comfort, big savings are just some of the reasons why New Yorkers Love Ductless.
New York, home of the Big Apple New York City – “the city so nice they named it twice.” Is a state that embodies what it means to be larger than life. Which is apparent in the architecture of its cities to the scenic beauty of its natural landscapes.
The larger-than-life essence that thrives in New York is something that can be witnessed in the people of New York, from actors and playwrights with larger-than-life dreams to organizations like NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research & Development Authority) who have larger than life goals like energy conservation and creating a cleaner and healthier environment for all.
A New York State Of Mind
As one of New York’s most famous and loved sons, Billy Joel sang, the spirt of New York is about being larger than life and being in “A New York state of mind.” Here, people dream big and in real ways whether it’s in business and industry, stage, theatre and radio, and also in areas like energy conservation, life is all about being in a New York state of mind.
Besides the famous Big Apple, New York is home to a number of thriving, bustling cities. These include the State Capitol, Albany; the largest city, New York City; and thriving urban centers like Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse.
New York: A Larger-Than-Life Commitment To Energy Efficiency
In New York you can visit the museum of larger than life stars in Jamestown, or the larger than life wildlife at the 9,800 acres Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge near Seneca Falls. And of course, there is always Lake Placid, where the Olympics were held not once, but twice.
It is no surprise New York is so popular and also one of the big reasons why the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) works so diligently at promoting, finding and using renewable energy sources. These efforts to support energy efficiency are simply part of a larger than life plan to create a better New York. The State is committed to reducing emissions and helping home owners save money with their Clean Heat program.
With the initiatives the NYSERDA calls the Renewable Heat New York Program, their Clean Heat Contractors work to help people find the comfort New Yorkers want with the quality and energy efficiency they deserve. This is also another reason that Ductless Heat Pumps are great options for helping residents save money, save energy and increase their home comfort.
New York and Ductless Heat Pumps – A Winning Combination!
Just about any home in New York can benefit from a Ductless Heating and Cooling System. In a climate that requires heating or air conditioning all year long, a Ductless Heat Pump could be your best choice. Ductless Mini Splits are known for their exceptionally high efficiencies. Many homeowners are reporting savings up to 50% on their utility bills.
New York’s extreme swings in temperatures make effective heating and cooling essential for residents’ health and happiness. Traditionally, New Yorkers have relied on forced air systems with furnaces to warm their homes in the winter and central air conditioners to cool them in the summer. While these systems fill the basic need of comfort, they also pose certain challenges including:
- Disruptive Ductwork: Forced air systems rely on ducts to move the air throughout your home. If those ducts aren’t in place, they have to be installed which is a highly disruptive process, especially for an older or historic home.
- Installation Impediments: Along with disrupting old buildings, installing new ducts is also expensive and time-consuming.
- Fall and Spring Failures: Many residents know what it’s like to need AC during the day and then heat in the evening. When you rely on separate devices for heating and cooling, forced air systems may have trouble addressing such changes.
- Indoor Air Quality: Those same ducts that force air through your home also get dirty over time. Inside the ducts you’ll find dust, dirt, bacteria, mold, mildew, viruses that get spread throughout your home triggering allergies and other health problems.
Four Distinct Seasons – One Incredible Solution
A Ductless System will provide year-round comfort because it both heats and cools. One unit does it all! And with a Ductless Mini Split you have intelligence built in so you can let the temperature do what it will outside, the Ductless System will adjust and adapt to any weather. Many homeowners wonder is Ductless Good for Cold Climates Like New York?
Zonal Heating and Zonal AC is easier with a Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump. You can choose to add ductless to one room, an area of your home or the whole house. One outdoor unit can support 1,2,3,or even 8 indoor heads. Installation is quick and easy and does not require any changes to the existing structure of the building. Best of all Ductless Systems save energy lowering your utility bills and making you eligible for energy-efficiency incentives and rebates.
Just about any home can benefit from adding a Ductless Heat Pump. Here are some qualifiers that can help you decide if it’s time to go ductless.
1. Add Air Conditioning: Add AC to any home is easy with a Mini Split. Ductless AC does not require duct work and can help any home keep cool this summer. Ductless AC is popular for Master Bedrooms, Baby Rooms, and Living Rooms.
2. Solving Hot or Cold Spots: Almost every home has a problem room that just gets too hot or too cold. A single zone ductless system will solve this problem.
3. Convert Living Space: Many homeowners are converting their garage, basement, or attic into living space. Adding ductless to any of these areas is quick and easy and will allow you to heat and cool the room effectively.
4. Home Additions: If you’re planning a home remodel or home addition consider a Ductless Heat Pump. When adding to your home you don’t want to add to the load of your furnace and air conditioner.
5. Increase Indoor Air Quality: A Ductless Heat Pump delivers air directly to your home without forcing it through duct work that is most likely filled with debris.
6. Upgrade Home Heating or Cooling: Is your furnace or AC over 12 years old? If so, a Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump will heat and cool your home and provides some of the highest efficiencies available today. Many homeowners report savings of up to 50%.
7. New Construction: If you’re planning on building a new home make sure to look at installing a Ductless Systems for your whole house heating and cooling. It’s the modern and efficient way to heat and cool your home.
Hire A Ductless Contractor With Credentials
The most important decision to make when you decide to Go Ductless is to make sure to hire a trained and certified Ductless HVAC Contractor. Hiring a contractor with credentials is key. An experienced contractor will make sure to handle 3 key areas that will help you avoid problems down the road:
- They’ll make sure to match the right product to your needs.
- They’ll identify proper product placement.
- They’ll ensure a professional installation.
Ready for Rebates for Clean Heating and Cooling in New York? Your Clean Heat Contractor knows all about the rebates and incentives. They’ll walk you through the process from beginning to end.
Don’t leave your New York home unprepared. With a Ductless Heat Pump, New York residents can have larger than life comfort regardless of what it’s doing outside. To find out more, your first step it to hire a professionally trained Ductless HVAC Contractor. You may qualify for rebates and incentives and they’ll help with financing options as well.
Need more info about Going Ductless in New York? Refer to our BLOG Featuring Ductless Heat Pumps, you’ll find information on how to hire a ductless contractor, how to save money, using Ductless for Remodeling projects and many other topics. See our FAQs below and don’t be shy to call on one of our contractors. They know how to help you save money, save energy and increase your level of home comfort!
DUCTLESS HEAT PUMP FAQ’s For New York:
Q: Are Ductless Heat Pumps a good choice in New York?
A: Yes, the State of New York has an initiative called the Clean Heat Program. The goal is to reduce heating and cooling systems that use fossil fuel. The Ductless System is an electric system that has high efficiencies to help home owners save money while offering an eco-friendly solution. Many brands offer extended temperature units that are well suited for New York’s climate.
Q: What are the benefits of a Ductless Heat Pump (ductless mini split)?
A: One of the biggest reasons people choose Ductless is because of their ultra-high efficiencies, which save consumer big money on utility bills. Some home owners report savings of up to 50%. Additionally the Ductless System is super quiet, making it a great choice for Master Bedrooms. They are also easy to install and are more flexible and scalable when compared to conventional heating and cooling systems.
Q: What is a Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump?
A: It’s a heating and cooling product that uses electricity instead of fossil fuels. It’s considered Clean Energy because it doesn’t pollute the environment like traditional systems. Because it’s a heat pump it can both heat and cool and because it is ductless it does not require ductwork to be installed just about anywhere. Many older homes don’t have duct work making the Ductless Mini Split a great choice!
Q: Are there rebates for a Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump in New York?
A: Yes! Ductless Systems are part of the Clean Heating and Clean Cooling program so they qualify for rebates. The program calls for both ground source heat pumps and air source heat pumps. The Ductless System is an air source heat pump, which is gaining in popularity because they help home owners save money while saving the environment. Rebates are available depending on your utility company including: ConEdison, Central Hudson Gas & Electric, Con Edison, Orange & Rockland Utilities, nation Grid, Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation, and New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG) Corporation are all participating.
Q: Can I heat and cool the whole house with a Ductless Mini Split?
A: Absolutely! The technology in a Ductless System is modern and advanced. There was time when people thought of ductless as supplemental heating and cooling. Today’s ductless systems can meet the demands of one room, one area or the whole house. Outfitted with high-efficiency components and advanced features, and units designed for extended temperature, the ductless system is a work horse and can handle the needs of your whole house.