Have you noticed hot and cold spots since you renovated your home?
Home additions and remodeling project can miss the mark of adding comfort to your home if the impact on your Heating and Cooling system wasn’t thoroughly considered. Your furnace and air conditioner need to be properly sized to meet the demands of your home. Under-sizing and over-sizing are common problems within the industry.
What you need to know before you start your remodeling project. When you add more living space to your home, you add more demand on your furnace or AC. This additional demand creates a stress on your HVAC system causing it to work harder which will result in a loss of performance which will show up in higher energy bills. To make matters worse, it will shorten the life span of your system and create those annoying hot and cold spots in your home. That’s why having a quality HVAC contractor in your back pocket is a must!
When you plan for a home addition, consider a ductless mini split heat pump to heat and cool your home. These systems are often the most energy efficient, cost-effective and easiest to install. Ductless systems don’t use any ductwork to deliver the conditioned air, making them ideal for new additions. They are perfect anytime you are converting unused living space into useable livable areas. Common situations are converting a basement, attic, or garage into an area you can live in or work in. You won’t lose any space in the walls or ceiling for ductwork, or the expenses associated with expanding the existing ducts.
The best news is that one unit does it all! A ductless system both heats and cools so you can enjoy year round comfort. Plus because it doesn’t require duct work you’ll avoid all the mess and expense associated with extending the duct work of your home.
Ductless heat pumps, also known as mini-splits, offer benefits like:
- Energy efficiency: It’s hard to beat the high efficiencies of the ductless system. Many home owners report saving of 50% or more.
- Easy to install: The ductless system includes an outdoor condenser and one or more indoor heads. A flexible conduit connects the two and supplies the refrigerant, power and drainage.
- Greater Savings: a ductless system also saves due to the lack of ductwork that most likely has air leakage and thermal losses. Many homes lose up to 30% of their efficiency due to leaky duct work.
- Flexibility: The indoor air handler can be installed in many ways; some choose the wall mount, while other may prefer a floor mount or other options. Your ductless contractor will help present all your options.
- Room to room comfort: Additionally, one out door unit can control up as many as 8 indoor heads making it a solution that is completely scalable. You control the temperature in each room or zone for individualized comfort.
The best way to avoid hot and cold spots it to not get them in the first place! Consult with an experienced ductless contractor before you remodel or add on to your home. It will be well worth your time. Ductless heating and ductless air conditioning provides an energy efficient, environmentally friendly and completely customizable solution for your home comfort.
Hiring the right ductless contractor is the first step. All contractors in the Ductless Directory are highly skilled and experienced.