Ductless Heat Pump – It’s The Home Comfort You’ve Been Waiting For
DUCTLESS MINI SPLIT HEAT PUMP
Join the thousands of homeowners who save money, save energy, and enjoy a higher level of comfort. The Ductless Heat Pump (also known as a Ductless Mini Split) are gaining in popularity and with good reason. Although you may just be discovering ductless, you can rest assured that ductless technology has been around for decades and used extensively around the world as the primary heating and cooling source for many homes. Ductless Systems are a proven technology that is sure to impress.
Is a Ductless Heat Pump right for you?
Chances are that a ductless heat pump will add value and increase your home comfort. Ductless Mini Splits use advanced inverter technology that make them superior in many ways.
What kind of homeowner are you?
~Are you interested in saving money on your monthly utility bill?
~Would you like to become more comfortable in your home?
~Are you concerned with allergies and indoor air quality?
~Is reducing your carbon footprint important to you?
~Would you like to discover room to room comfort (zoned heating and cooling)?
Ductless Heat Pump owners have the highest level of satisfaction of any heating and cooling product in the industry! Here are just some of the benefits of ductless heating and ductless cooling.
- Extremely high energy efficiencies: You’ll save money on your monthly utility bills. Many homeowners report savings of up to 50% on their home heating bill.
- No energy loss through duct work: A traditional systems loses up to 25% efficiency through leaky ductwork. Since a ductless system doesn’t require ductwork, you have superior efficiency.
- Cleaner Indoor Air: A Ductless Mini Split does not push air through duct work, which is most likely filled with dirt and debris.
- Heats and Cools: Get 2-in-1 functionality because just one unit can both heat and cool.
- Increased Home Comfort: Inverter technology is advanced technology that makes indoor living easier.
- Whisper Quiet: The systems are renown for being “whisper” quiet.
- Easy Maintenance: A Ductless Systems is easy to maintain.
- Rebates and Incentives: You may qualify for rebates and incentives when you purchase a Ductless System.
Many homeowners are just now discovering the advantages of Ductless Heating and Ductless Cooling. Whether you want to save money, save energy or simply increase your home comfort, a Ductless Mini Split could be your best choice.
Who Should Consider a Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump?
You might want to consider the advantages of Ductless Heating and Ductless Cooling if one or more of the following apply to you:
- You’d like to add Air Conditioning to your home. Ductless is the “Go To” answer for anyone looking to add AC to their home.
- Your home is heated with gas, cadet or baseboard heaters, propane or wood burning stoves.
- You are remodeling or building an addition to your home. A Ductless Heat Pump is perfect for remodeling projects because there is no need for ductwork and the units can be installed quickly.
- If you’re converting an attic, garage or basement into living space, a Ductless System is the perfect choice because you don’t want to put additional stress on your current furnace and air conditioner.
- You’d like to save money on your utility bills – many homeowners report savings up to 50%.
- Is your furnace or AC more than 10 years old? It could be time to upgrade your heating and cooling system to a more modern and energy efficient solution.
- Do you have an older home or historic home? Many older homes lack duct work and rely on outdated heating solutions. Adding an energy efficient Ductless System could be your best choice.
- New Construction – Many modern homes are ditching the ductwork and opting for a more modern heating and cooling solution.
- Increase Air Quality (IAQ) when you ‘Go Ductless’. Traditional forced air systems, push air through a maze of ductwork that is known to harbor dirt, debris, mold, mildew, bacteria, and viruses.
Zonal Heating and Cooling is easy with a ductless system, whether you want to heat and cool one room, one area, or the whole house.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Ductless Heat Pump is one of the most exciting innovations in the HVAC industry. Homeowners and businesses alike are turning to ductless technology in record numbers. Following are some of the most frequently asked questions about Ductless Mini Split Heat Pumps.
Q: What is a ductless heat pump?
A: A ductless heating and cooling system is a highly efficient zonal HVAC system that does not require the use of air ducts. Ductless systems consist of an outdoor compressor unit and one or more indoor air-handling units, called ‘heads’, which are linked by a dedicated refrigerant line. Indoor heads can be wall mounted, floor mounted or via the ceiling with a 3-inch hole where the refrigerant line passes through from the outside unit. Each indoor head corresponds with a heating and cooling zone that can be controlled independently.
Q: What’s the difference between a ductless heat pump and a ductless mini split?
A: They’re the same thing, the true term is a Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump. It’s ductless because it does not force air through a maze of ductwork. The term Mini Split is in reference to the two parts of the system: an outdoor unit and one or more indoor heads. And because it’s a Heat Pump, it can provide both heating and cooling.
Q: How does it work?
A: Ductless systems collect heat from outside the house and deliver it inside on the heating cycle, and vice versa on the cooling cycle. Ductless Systems use variable speed compressors with inverter technology (AC to DC) to continuously match the heating/cooling load, avoiding the on/off cycling of conventional electric resistance and central heating systems that is commonly associated with uncomfortable temperature variations and high energy consumption. Ductless systems are reversible, 2-way heat pumps that use electricity to transfer heat between outdoor and indoor air by compressing and expanding refrigerant.
Q: Who would be interested in a Ductless Heat Pump?
A: Anyone interested in saving money on their monthly utility bill and reduce their carbon footprint. Traditionally, ductless heat pumps were considered the best upgrade for homes with electric heat like baseboard heaters, cadette heaters or as replacements for propane heated or wood burning homes. Today, just about any home will benefit from a Ductless Mini Split, many homeowners are updating and replacing their existing furnace and central air with a more modern Ductless System.
Q: Why choose a Ductless Mini Split?
A: It’s a perfect solution for many older or historic homes that don’t have ductwork, any time you have a room addition or home remodeling project, to solve hot and colds spots in your home or if you’d like to upgrade your furnace and air conditioner to a more modern and efficient system. Additionally, many homeowners upgrade their furnace and/or AC to a ductless system for the incredible efficiencies and cost savings.
Q: Can a Ductless System augment current heating and cooling system?
A: Absolutely. This is a great use for a Ductless Mini Split. You don’t want to add additional load onto your current system, so adding a Mini Split is a great way to add comfort to your home. Another way is to use your Mini Split system in the shoulder seasons and then wait to turn on your forced air system, this will help save money on utility bills.
Q: Are Ductless Systems ENERGY STAR® rated?
A: Yes! Many Ductless Systems are ENERGY STAR® rated and may qualify for rebates and incentives. Make sure to check with your Ductless Contractor as they will be aware and help you get all the rebates & Incentives you qualify for.
Q: Can a Mini Split help people who suffer from allergies or asthma?
A: Many people report a reduction in allergies when they go from a forced air system to a ductless system. Ductwork is notorious for hosting dirt, debris, mold, mildew, bacteria, and viruses that end up getting pushed into your living area with a forced air system. Since a Ductless System does not force air through dirty ductwork, many homeowners report relief from allergies.
Q: Where can I get a Ductless Heat Pump?
A: When you’re serious about ‘Going Ductless’, your best bet is to find a qualified, certified, and Ductless Contractor that is trained on 3 very important factors: matching the right product to your home, ensuring proper product placement and ensuring a professional installation.
Ready to find out if a Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump is right for you?
The first and most important step is to hire the right ductless contractor. When you want to enjoy the full benefits of a Ductless System, make sure to hire the right Ductless HVAC Contractor.
Green Energy Mechanical
Mitsubishi Elite Diamond Contractor
“Ductless Air Conditioning is the modern way to cool your home. Turn to a certified contractor as they’ve been trained on how to professionally install your system.”